Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What a day!

How do you like the new blog header and background?  I didn't make this one.  Instead I got it from one of the free sites (Shabby Blog) and then just personalized it.  Inside the circles are parts of cards I cropped.  The middle one and the one on the right are from cards we will be making this month at Stamp Club.

I had a pretty scary morning.  I was supposed to play bridge in Mooresville this morning.  We had gotten just a bit of freezing rain in the early morning but it didn't look like anything to worry about. Sonny was a dear and started up my car when he went up to get the newspaper so it would be nice and toasty for me and so the ice would melt off the windows!  I left the house and headed out of the neighborhood.  I went really slow through the 2-3 really bad curves on Island Point just outside our neighborhood with no problem.  I picked up a little speed and was rounding another curve when my car started skidding on the black ice.  I skidded from one side of the road to the other until I finally landed in a field on the other side of the road with my car turned around and facing the road. Luckily, there were not any other cars around me.  After calming myself down, I pulled out of the field and into a parking lot that was just a couple of feet from me and called Sonny.  He got to me about 15 minutes later and checked out the car.  Luckily, no damage to it or to me!  He ended up following me up to Hwy 150 where more cars had been traveling on the road and it wasn't so treacherous.  When I finally arrived at bridge, it started sleeting again and the girls who were waiting for me decided not to play but to get in their cars and head home!  I did the same - much slower this time!!  It never got above freezing today but there is a warm up coming tomorrow!  Can't wait!!  I hate to see what our electric bill is going to be this month.

Cardnel

Tomorrow is stamp club.  Here is one of the cards we will be making using the Large Number framelits and Number of Years stamp set.  This is a good set to have!  I am going to let each one pick which card they want to make.



No comments: