Monday, February 22, 2016

Up, Up and Away!

I haven't made a card for a challenge in a long time.  I used to search out challenges and make cards to fit them but I haven't done that in a while.  Yesterday when I was looking at different blogs to get some inspiration, I came across the Paper Players Challenge with the theme of "up up and away." With so many balloon stamps available, I decided to make this card.

I stamped the sunburst with Versamark, sprinkled white embossing powder over it and sponged the area with Pool Party.  I used the Balloon Punch and punched out 3 balloons from Designer Paper.  I ended up not stamping any balloons after all!  I actually did stamp them (on the other side) but liked the un-stamped balloons best.  I die cut "happy" with framelets and glued them to the middle of the card.  I stamped the stars (from Balloon Celebration) with Pool Party and Pink Pirouette ink.  I used glue dots under the balloons to anchor the silver cord.  I used the Washi Tape punch for "birthday" (from Celebrate Today).  Next was to layer the white card stock onto Pink Pirouette and then onto the Pool Party card.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Luxury Apartments Lady said...

Beautiful card, love the pop out balloons!

Nance Leedy said...

Love the beautiful embossed and sponged background. The colors are so pretty together too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a pretty pastel card! Love the layering and the way the balloon strings are intertwined with the diecut sentiment. Thanks for joining my CAS 'Up, Up and Away' challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Hannelie said...

I LOVE all the action on this beautiful card Sharon!The soft pastels look great!

Thanks for joining us at the paper Players!