Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween Self Closing Bags

This week was my husband's "guys get away."  He and his friends go a couple of times a year (spring and fall) to Georgetown to go skeet shooting.  It is a fun time for him .... and a fun time for me!  Margaret and Graham come down and Graham goes with Sonny and Margaret and I are on our own for a few days to play in my stamp room.  We took full advantage of it this week too!  We went to a comedy club with friends on Tuesday night at the Galway Hooker in Huntersville and that was a lot of fun.  There was a couple in the group from England so Margaret was right at home visiting with them.  The comedian was one of the best I have heard at the Hooker and didn't feel a need to use dirty language constantly.  In fact, I don't think I ever heard a swear word from him.  I am not a prude, but it seems that comedians feel the need to use the "F" word a lot in their act and it is just not funny.  Margaret worked on the cards from my October Stamp Club while I finished up the shoebox cards from last week's quarterly.  I showed Margaret a cute Self Closing Bag that I had made at Allison's a few months ago and she went to town making them for her family for Halloween.




We got the instructions from a video on Dawn Griffiths's blog.  As you can tell, after she did the first one, she found them easy to make!

Today is Sonny's birthday (69th!!)  After dropping off Margaret and Graham, I treated Sonny to lunch at a deli/restaurant in Langtree Village.  After his week of travels and eating a lot, he did not want to do much.  My sandwich was delicious - their version of a BLT.  It had bacon, arugula, fried green tomato and pimento cheese on a grilled ciabatta roll!  No one else in my family would have enjoyed it but I sure did!  Here is the card I made for Sonny for his birthday using some paper I bought several years ago.  He has several of the "Old Guys Rule" tees.


No comments: