Friday, June 20, 2014

The Versatility of Work of Art!

I was really on a roll yesterday and made a lot of cards - some for convention swaps and some for my stamp club next week.  I pretty much used one stamp set for all the cards!!  I just love the versatility of Work of Art which is the stamp set we received at the catalog reveal party.  I wasn't so sure when I first got it but I have been definitely won over!!  Most of the cards I made are soooo easy and take just a few minutes to make.  That's my kind of creating these days!!  Here are a few ideas for you.

Make a sailboat!  I embossed the Coastal Cabana card with the chevron folder to carry on the waves theme.  And how about the little crab from Sea Street?  Colors on this one are Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar and Calypso Coral.

Yummy popsicles to celebrate the first day of summer tomorrow.  Colors used are:  Real Red; Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Perfect Plum.  The sentiment is from Really Good Greetings.

Stamp the birds from Wetlands on the beach.  Colors used are all the new in colors - Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Lost Lagoon and I added Baked Brown Sugar for the sand.  

How about a rainbow for these summer storms that keep cropping up?  Add the saying from Feels Good.  Rainbow colors are:  Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Lost Lagoon, Rich Razzleberry and Wisteria Wonder. 

This one is just a soft "love you" but a sentiment could also be added to the bottom.  I used the Envelope Punch Board to make the little cut-outs on the side.  Colors on this one are:  Hello Honey, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana.

I had a request for an anniversary card - how simple!  Colors used are:  Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pistachio Pudding.  The sentiment is retired.
I think Sonny and I are going to go see Jersey Boys today.  The Four Seasons are one of my all time favorite groups and I can't wait to see the movie.  I have seen the play in Las Vegas and we both loved it.  When I was in college (at ECU), I dated a boy who was in a fraternity.  A few of the guys rented a house out in the country and we would go there on the weekends to party.  It never failed that they would put on a Four Seasons album (yes, no CD's or smart phones back then!) and we would all gather 'round and sing every song on that record belting them out one after the other!  Those were some fun days!  Needless to say, we were thrilled when the Four Seasons played at ECU one year for Homecoming - none of us missed them!!

No comments: