Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Serene Silhouettes

I created this card last week and I believe it is my favorite of all the cards I have made!


I cut the strip of Whisper White about 2" x 5" and using Post-It Notes for masking, sponged Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive.  I started at the top and just moved my Post-It Note down but trying to blend the colors together as I sponged.    Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the wild flowers from Serene Silhouettes in black ink.  Then I adhered the sponged piece and stamped the wild flowers again.  Next I stamped the sentiment from God Is Love and tied the Denim Ribbon (just retired) around the card before adhering it to the Night of Navy card.  I am sending this card to a friend in my Stamp Club whose son only has a few weeks to live.  He lost his eye last year to cancer and it has now spread to his liver and the outcome is grim.  I can't imagine losing either of my children, even if most of the time I feel like I have lost my son.  But I have to remember that I know where he is and that he is happy so that is a blessing.

On happy news .... my friend, Margaret, (that I have mentioned in my blog many times) - her daughter who lives in Charlotte had a little boy last night.  He was delivered via C Section at 8:30 and weighed 8 lb. 6 oz. Both Mom, Dad and baby, Logan Darcy, are doing well!  I can't wait to see him.

No comments: