Monday, March 24, 2014

Where is Spring?

Happy Monday!  Luckily this Monday finds me feeling better than yesterday.  Sonny has been down and out with the flu since last Tuesday and I have been really afraid that I would get it.  I don't have time to be sick right now!!  Friday he finally felt like eating something and wanted an Italian Sub from a restaurant in Mooresville.  So I got it for him and he devoured it.  Saturday I drove him (I know he's sick when he lets me drive!!) to town to get breakfast.  Of course that was after he woke up at noon!!  Then that night MY throat started hurting and I started coughing.  Oh no!!  Sunday I was achy all over and sleepy so I laid on the couch most of the day taking Alieve every few hours. Someone in my stamp club told me last week that her chiropractor's nurse told her if you mixed one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon and take that, it would work on flu, cold, etc.  So that's what I did Sunday morning.  Needless to say, the others in my family laughed at me but ....y  I started feeling better in the afternoon and went upstairs to do a little crafting,  I decided to cancel my bridge playing for Monday so I could continue to recupe.  Today I am feeling ok - scratch throat and congested but not like I was feeling yesterday!!  Maybe it's time for more cinnamon and honey????

I am ready for spring weather.  We had a few nice days last week but this week is not going to be too spring'y - highs on Tuesday and Wednesday in the high 40s.  Go away winter!!!  I took a few "spring signs" pictures when I was out on Saturday so I know it really is Spring time.

My camellia bush is loaded with flowers.

a neighbor daffodills

Lenten rose in my front yard

Lenten Rose bush - wish they could not droop like that so you could see their faces!

Beautiful spring tree

Took this picture out of the car window of these beautiful trees
I can't take credit for this but isn't it lovely??
And today I saw a beautiful bluebird on the back deck.  So someone needs to tell the weather man, it is SPRING!

One of the gals in my stamp club had a masectomy last week.  We are all keeping her in our prayers.  This is the card I made and we all signed to send to her.

 

I masked the moon and sponged pink, yellow and blue onto the white card stock.  Next I stamped the images from Serene Silhouettes in Stazon Black onto the card.  I tore a strip of Coordinations card stock and adhered it on the bottom; wrapped a piece of ribbon around the bottom (Pool Party) and adhered the whole thing onto the Pool Party card.

1 comment:

Barbara R. said...

Hey Sharon - glad you are feeling better. My son lives in Mooresville. I am going to visit him at the end of April. Order some good weather for me please!!