Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Club Cards #1

This week is Stamp Club. You can tell from looking at the cards I designed that I am ready for SPRING!! This has been the winter that will never end all over the country.  Monday and Tuesday was bitter cold here - never got out of the 30s either day.  Today wasn't so bad - It did get up into the mid 50s and I only had to wear a sweater when I went outside.  But tomorrow - the first day of spring - the predicted high is supposed to be 66 and Friday in the 70's!!  I'm more than ready.

My club cards are not only spring based but also use a lot of Sale-a-bration items.  This is the final month that you can get these items FREE - or for that matter, get the items at all.  After March 31, they will be gone (except for the Banner Punch.)

This card is one I CASE'd from Monica Gale, a UK demo.  I used the Deco Labels framelit for the opening. The banners are from the Sale-a-bration set, Banner Blast (love it!!) and punched out with the coordinating punch which will be in the 2014-15 SU catalog,   I used a couple of other Sale-a-bration items too - the Decorative Dots embossing folder and the Summer Starfruit twine which I love.  The sentiment is from the Happy Watercolor stamp set.



This is a fun card (above) similar to the one we made last week at Allison's.  I used Soft Suede cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2.  Fold it over without creasing and slide it into the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, center and punch.  Next score at 4 1/4" from one side.  Cut away the pieces on either side of the scallops and crease one of the scallops - on the larger side.  Decorate as desired.  One interesting thing I did on this card is to stamp on the ribbon.  I used the Petite Petals stamp and Word Bubbles Bundle on the card.

Tomorrow is my eye doctor appointment.  I'm anxious to see what my vision is.  I'm starting to think I miss my old bifocals!  I've been wearing readers that I bought at Michaels for close up.  But taking them on and off constantly is a pain!!  Guess I'll get it figured out soon enough.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get whatever crud my husband has.  We think it is the flu even though he had his flu shot.  He said he can't remember ever feeling this bad before.  I better not get it!!!!

No comments: