Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Subway Art

I forgot how hot it is in Texas!!  When we arrived on Thursday afternoon (at 5:30) it was still 100 degrees!  The forcast for this week is 99, 99, 99, 98, 98, 98 ..... get the picture?  Pretty boring, huh??  We've gotten a lot done at Ashley's though.  She's about worn out her credit card though!  Friday I think she spent about $400 at Home Depot and today was another $100 at Garden Ridge!  But hey ... the labor is free!  Sonny has been working on putting two ceiling fans up on her patio.  He should have them done tomorrow.  Saturday I spent most of the day planting plants and flowers in big pots in the back yard.  We planted Texas sage, lantana, pampas grass, potato vine, basil and rosemary.  Plus, I dug up some morning glory from the back that had pretty much overgrown the alley and stuck it in one of the pots.  Today, we went shopping and bought a couple more pots at Garden Ridge plus got some material so I can cover some pillows and do some other home decor,  We've hung pictures in the house and bought a couple more today that we'll have to hang tomorrow.  Sunday we took a break.  My brother and his wife, daughter and three grandchildren came over plus my brother in law who helped Sonny do some work that he was having problems with.  We had a nce visit, swim and cooked some yummy fajitas on the grill (plus made some margaritas that hit th spot.)

Subway art seems to be all the rage right now.  So, I thought I'd try it with MDS2.  What do you think?  It was fun!

No comments: