Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Halloween Monday Mailers

I took a few supplies with me to Texas when I was there but it's always difficult to make cards without all my "stuff" surrounding me!  I think I will be tackle-ing her office/craft room when I go back in December!  She has recently had the inside of her house painted and she did her office in bright yellow.  She is a huge fan of Curious George and has a ton of Curious George things.  So she is planning on decorating her office in red and yellow.  I did not think it would look good at all when she showed me the paint chip in March but it actually looks pretty good.  We didn't have time to do much decorating in the room while I was there but I did recover a memo board/partition for her.  She was going to get rid of it because it was a pale green but I told her we could fix it up.  We went to Hobby Lobby and found some red material and to M's and got some bright yellow ribbon.  It turned out really good and will look great in there with the yellow walls.  She found some Curious George ribbon on-line and was going to order it but we decided it would just be too much and more expensive than just plain ribbon.  Plus, when she puts all her pictures and scrapbook items on it, the ribbon wouldn't show up that much.  We even took the little tacks that hold the ribbon on off and covered then with the red fabric. 



So, this is the first Monday Mailer I made to send.  I used the Woodgrain embossing folder (luckily, I gave Ashley my Cuttlebug when I bought the Big Shot!).  The stamp set is Bootiful Occasions.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Black, Rich Razzleberry, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Die:  Apothecary Art, Woodgrain emb. folder
Black brads
Ink:  Razzleberry, black
Here is the second card I made using Wicked Cool.  I saw this idea somewhere - either on a blog or Pininterest of using the witches hat and shoes with the pumpkin.  Cool huh?  I sponged the edges of the pumpkin to give it some dimension and used dimensionals for the witches hat.


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Black, Tangerine Tango, White
Stamp:  Wicked Cool
Punch:  1 1/4" Circle Punch (I think!)
Markers
Hope you enjoy these cards!  I had fun making them.

1 comment:

Kim Evans said...

I love these boots!! Just might have to place another order...
Thanks for sharing!!