Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stamp Club Cards plus Mother's Day flowers

My Thursday Stamp Club came today and made the cards and projects that I had prepared for them.  I love seeing the different little twists everyone does making their cards.  I can always count on one of them to go "out of the box" each time with her cards.  That is what I love - for someone to take my idea and improve upon it. 

All the cards use stamps or punches that are retiring.

This card had so many parts to it!  But I had already done all the hard work so all they really had to do was put it together.  But they told me I usually didn't have them do such a complicated card! 

• Card is Pool Party; Bottom strip is Pear Pizazz; Middle strip is Wisteria Wonder
• Pink Layer = 3 ¼” x 4” Regal Rose / White Layer = 3” x 3 ¾”
• Use Wheel and Pear Pizazz ink on Pear Pizazz cardstock strip.  (grass wheel image is retired)
• Punch So Saffron cardstock with Lace Ribbon Border Punch – layer Wisteria on top.
• Punch clouds with Cupcake Punch; sponge tops in Baja Blue.
• Leaves – stamp with Build A Blossom in Lucky Limeade & punch out with Blossom Builder Punch.
• Stems – punch out with Bird Punch.
• Flowers are punched out with Triple Layer Flower Punch (retiring).  Put DSP Brad through center of flowers and adhere to card.
• Attach Wisteria ribbon with glue dot or glue.

 
This uses my favorite technique - two step stamping.  I love this stamp set and will be sad to see it go - Garden Greetings - as well as the wide grosgrain ribbon.

• Card is Soft Suede
• Daffodil Delight layer – 4” x 5 ¼” embossed with Tulip Embossing Folder
• White layer – 3 ¼” x 4 ¼”
• Stamp flowers in Daffodil Delight
• Stamp 2-step layer with Peach Parfait - Stamp middle of flower with Soft Suede
• Stamp stems in Wild Wasabi
• Wrap Yellow Grosgrain ribbon around white layer & glue bow on top
• Stamp sentiment on white scrap & punch out with Oval Punch

 This is one of my first Stampin' Up sets.  I just love this little pick up truck and there is so much you can do with it.  It is so versatile and can be used for all occasions - just put a tree in the bed of the truck for Christmas; eggs for Easter; hearts for Valentines, etc.  I won't be getting rid of this retiring stamp.

• Mask off bottom of 4" x 5 1/4" white cardstock at a diagonal with sticky notes & sponge Bashful Blue for sky
• Mask off top of the white cardstock at a diagonal & sponge Lucky Limeade for grass
• Stamp the  truck (use stamp-a-ma-jig) on the incline area in black.
• Stamp truck onto Blushing Bride polka dot DSP; cut out and adhere on top of the stamped truck on the card.
• Color the dogs (or whatever you put in your truck) and the tire wheels with Blender Pen. 
• Stamp sentiment on white scrap & cut into flag shape; draw flag pole and adhere.
• Draw in butterfly & color.
Mount onto white card.



These are little bags we made using the Fancy Favor Die.  They are great to put a little gift in for Mother's Day.  Mine have a small Antibacterial Soap in them but they would also be good with a few chocolates in them too!

• Use Fancy Favor Die to die cut white cardstock
• Emboss if desired - I used Polka Dot embossing folder.
• It is easier to put decorations on bag before putting it together.
• DSP Squares are punched with 1 ¼” Square Punch; layered onto 1 3/8” card stock punched squares.
• After matting the squares, emboss using the Square Lattice folder & Big Shot. Adhere to scallop bag.
• Option: punch flower, butterfly, etc. for center or punch scallop square for center.
• Put box together with Red Line Tape.
• Make handle with either ribbon or cardstock (crimped), adhering it to bag with brads.

After everyone left and I was cleaning up, my doorbell rang.  To my surprise, I had a beautiful delivery of flowers from Ashley for Mother's Day!  She sent them a little early so I could enjoy them before leaving next Friday for our trip to Alaska!!!  I'll have to share the picture of them later - I can't get my camera to work!!!   She is so sweet!

No comments: