Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms!  Hope you have a restful, peaceful day and are with the ones you love.

What a busy few days this has been!  I would truthfully been happy to just stay in bed and stay home all day today but don't think that will be the plan! 

Friday Sonny & I were in Shelby for an all day CPR/First Aid class.  You have to get certified in CPR every 3 years but I just wish there was a quickie 2-3 hour course to go over the basics!  There probably is but our instructors on Friday were new - we were their first class I think - and they covered every detail.  Oh well, we are done for 3 years anyway. 

My mom had back surgery on Friday (outpatient).  I hated that I was not there but she was in good hands with Marianne and Angela.  Besides, what could I have done except keep them company in the waiting room for several hours?  She came through the surgery fine.  The doctor said she definitely had spinal stenosis and she should have relief after the surgery.  She was in Recovery for a while dealing with the pain but by 3 pm, she was headed back home.  I went over to visit her after my CPR class.  She was sitting up in her chair watching tv.  Her main complaint now is that it hurts when she gets up and down to go to the bathroom.  But any surgery is going to take time to heal and she needs to be patient.  I talked to my sister today and she is not doing so great today.  I think she thought after the surgery, she would be instantly better.  But any time you have surgery, you have got to expect pain for a while.  She just needs to be patient.

Marianne's son, Derek, graduated from UNC-C yesterday.   We didn't attend the graduation - he only got 6 tickets and they went to the grandparents.  But that was ok - sitting through graduations is not the most fun .... especially when your last name starts with "W"!!  But we went to the party afterwards.  Sonny and I went over early to set things up while they were attending graduation.  We had a great time.  It is hard for me to believe that Derek is 22 and a college graduate!  Where does the time go??

I received a beautiful Mothers Day card yesterday from Ashley.  I just might be CASE-ing this card!!

Here are the beautiful flowers Ashley sent to me on Thursday:



Now I'm crossing my fingers hoping for a call today from my son!

I'll be going over to visit Mom and take her her Mother's Day gift and card later today.  Unfortunately, she does not feel up to going out, but that's ok!  As long as she gets better, we will all be happy.

No comments: