Friday, May 25, 2012

Quick Update from Alaska

This will have to be a quick one!  I didn't get internet last night and we only get it in the lobby today and tomorrow.  We left Anchorage Wednesday a.m. and drove to the "town" of Takeetna.  I say town loosely since it only had 2 streets and looked like a town you would have seen back in the gold rush days!   We walked through town (took about 15 minutes!) and found a bakery that had a sinful cinnamon roll!  Yumm!

Takeeta!
From Takeetna, we drove a short distance to board a float plane (10 passenger) that flew us over Mount McKinley and landed us on a glacier.  We got off and walked around.  It was cool!  I thought it would be really icy but it was a really deep snow.  Ashley even got on the ground and made a snow angel.  The weather has been unbelievable and we didn't even need a jacket. 


Making Snow Angels on Mount McKinley!
We also visited a Musk Oxen farm and a Dog Mushing Camp and I will share those pictures later.  We are now at the Princess Lodge at Denaili National Park and will take the shuttle bus onto the park in the morning.  We have our lunch packed and now need to get some sleep to make the 8:30 bus.  Sonny has already left to go back to the room and shower.  Ashley is waiting for me to finish so we can go back and get ready for bed so it's sayonara time for me!  Praying that I will feel better tomorrow.  I am having sinus problems and my throat has been killing me all day.  Last night I took an allergy pill and I have been soooo sleepy all day! 

No comments: