Monday, May 7, 2012

Mothers Day Cards

I was good this weekend!  I went to the Used Stamp Sale at Stamper's Alley and only spent $10.00!  Yeah for me!  I bought a Desktop Carousel for scissors, pens, etc. for $6.  I've seen them at M's for much more!  And two stamp sets for $2 each.  They are SU and never been used.  I will use them for my customers as a little thank you.  So, not bad!  After the sale, I pampered myself with a pedicure and then ran a few errands and had some BBQ for lunch.  I love NC Eastern style pork BBQ and Sonny does not and I have been hankering for some and it was yummy!!   Friday night we met some friends out for dinner and enjoyed a great catfish meal!  Not so good on the calorie count, but who's counting?!! 

I have a couple of cards to share with you that I received in April for my Monday Mailers.  They are both Mother's Day cards which is great because I have a very busy week and might not have time to make a card.  I already have my mother's gift bought - just need to find a box and wrap it.  Plus, Saturday is my nephew's graduation from UNC-C and Marianne is having a party for him. 

Isn't this beautiful?  I have not purchased this bird die and wasn't planning to, but I keep seeing some beautiful cards using it.  I love the color combo on this one.

Another beautiful card.  It's hard to see the embossing on this one but it is embossed with the Adorning Accents dotted embossing folder just below the flower.

I have two Red Cross classes this week.  Tomorrow we travel to Gastonia for a Social Media class.  Sounds like an odd one for Red Cross, huh?  But, we have to be able to talk to reporters, etc. when we are at a disaster and know what information to give out.  Then on Friday, we are taking a CPR class in Shelby.  So, I have a busy week ahead of me - Soup Kitchen on Tuesday; taking Mom for her pre-op visit on Wednesday; Stamp Club on Thursday .....!! 

No comments: