Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Let's Get Nautical!

I've been having fun today making cards with my new stuff!!  It arrived on Friday and it just seems one thing or the other kept getting in my way to create.  This morning I drove to town and got my hair cut and when I returned, I was ready!!

I'm loving the Nautical Expedition paper and had a hard time cutting into it!!  But as a friend told me today, I can always buy another pack!!  I need to keep that in mind.  I also received the Beyond the Garden DSP yesterday and ooh, la, la!!  It is gorgeous.

 This card uses The Open Sea stamp set and a small piece of the Nautical Expedition DSP!!
  • Paper:   Naturals White, Night Of Navy, Nautical Exp. DSP
  • Ink:   Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler
  • Stamps:  Word Play, The Open Sea
  • Punches:   Circle Punches - 1" and 1 1/4"
  • Accessories:  twine, Bakers Twine, Big Shot with Two Tags Die, Blue Eyelet, Red Brads, sponge daubers

These cards are the same except for the sentiment and the button and brad at the top.I stamped the sails onto white card stock and cut them out and stamped the red boat onto a piece of Cherry Cobbler and cut it out.  I raised them up with dimensionals.
  • Paper:   Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
  • Ink:   Espresso
  • Stamps:  Sail Away; Sanded Background stamp, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Accessories:  Button, Twine, Distressing Tool, Large Grommet; Baker's Twine
Guess you notice the strong resemblance of the Sail Away cards with my Monday Mailer from Becky????  She inspired me.  These will be offered to my stamp club gals on Thursday.

No comments: