Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to a Special Boy

Yesterday was my niece's son's birthday.  Jacob turned 8 yesterday.  Wow!  Hard to believe she has a child that old!  Melinda (my niece) is the same age as Ashley and lives in Texas.  I've kind of become her second mother since my sister passed away and hate that we are so far away from them.  She has done a great job raising her two boys.  Jacob is the most polite and mature eight year old you will ever meet.  Hope he enjoyed his card as much as I did making it .... and the treat tucked away inside!

I swear it took me almost a whole day to make this card but it was worth it!!  I love it.  I sponged a lot on this card - the sky, the grass, and the cupcakes. 

  • Paper:   Whisper White, Brillant Blue, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Peach Parfait
  • Ink:   Black; Soft Suede; Real Red, Always Artichoke
  • Stamps:  Bugs and Kisses, Party Hearty, Tart and Tangy (cherry); Watercolor Minis (for grass)
  • Punches:   Tag Punches
  • Accessories:  Stampin’ Sponges,  Dimensionals,  1/4" Circle Punch; Crimper; Pearl Pen (Viva); Scallop Punch

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sharon...I love this card. I am not sure why I never thought about crimping the cupcake paper...what a wonderful idea. Also, I am very sorry for the loss of your sister. She had to be young. No matter what age, losing someone you love is always very difficult.