Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gargage Sales and Christmas Cards

Lately I have felt like I was back in Washington state!  It has been rainy for over a week now!  Today's garage sale was a bust!!  Luckily, I didn't have that much to sell - just a box load of books and the rubber stamps.  I really didn't figure stamps were going to be a big garage sale item, but thought I'd give it a shot.  I was right!  I set up about 7:30 in the parking lot of our clubhouse in the misty rain.  I sat in the car and read a book and waited, and waited and waited ....  I had 3 people stop by in 3 hours!!  One person bought $10 worth of books.  Sonny came up about 10:30 to bring me the key to the clubhouse bathroom and we waited around for another half hour.  Then I called it quits!!  All the stuff is still in my car - that's another job for tomorrow!  After taking a quick "cat nap" at home, I ran into town and had lunch.  Then I headed over to the stamp store for the final "Christmas Card Make & Takes."  Every Saturday, we've done Christmas cards at the stamp store in Mooresville.  Here are a few of the ones I made:

This one was the one I demo-ed:










1 comment:

Wanda said...

Neat cards Sharon. So sorry the yard sale didn't go well. Course we know they don't do well when it's raining. Maybe try again another weekend. I went to one yesterday and found a new loveseat (from Rooms to Go) that she let me buy for $50. I was excited over the find. There was also a "tag sale" that I found a few items, but no furniture I wanted.