Sunday, June 8, 2014

Watercolor Background Technique

Hope your weekend was a fun one!  We took my Mom out on the lake yesterday in our boat.  She really enjoyed it although she had her nose in her book the whole time.  She was towards the end of her book (For One More Day by Mitch Album) and couldn't put it down.  I am so happy that she is still able to read - large print books only but that is ok.  When we came off the lake, she wanted to take a bath in my garden tub.  She just loves that tub!  It's funny because I hardly ever take a bath and she would take one every day if she lived here.  The hardest thing is trying to get her in and out of it since it is so deep!  Then we met Angela, Marianne and Greg for dinner and had some yummy fish and shrimp!!  

I have been working all day today on my 80 swap cards for convention.  Let me just say, I'm sick of this card!  I thought I'd chosen a pretty easy card, but I realize it has too many layers - 3 circles and a Word Bubble that need to be cut out with Big Shot; a tiny heart that is punched out with the Owl Punch; plus tying 80 tiny bows with Bakers Twine!!  I have got everything punched, cut and glued together.  Now I just have to put the whole thing onto my card front!!

I took a break and made another card for fun today.  I had seen this card on another website and loved it.  So I made a few changes and ..... I love it!!


For the background, I sponged inks -  Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi, Coastal Cabana - onto the Hexagon Embossing Folder and then spritzed it lightly.  I put a piece of watercolor paper inside and ran it through the Big Shot.  I stamped the Blended Bloom and used the Blendabilities to color it.  The sentiment is from the photopolymer stamp set, Endless Birthday Wishes.  It has been such a popular stamp set that is has sold out but Stampin' Up is going to restock and it will be available for sale again soon.

No comments: