Sunday, May 8, 2022

Artfully Layered

Happy Mother's Day!

Unfortunately I can't see my mother today!  We had plans to get together at my nephew's house for Mothers Day and for my nephew's daughters 2nd birthday.  But the universe had other plans for me!  I tested Positive last Wednesday for the dreaded COVID!  Can't believe after staying in & doing all the stuff you were supposed to do for the last two years that when I think we are safe, it hits!  After I tested, my hubby tested too and got the same result as I did.  He is going stir crazy having to stay at home for a week!  He didn't even have any symptoms other than the congestion he has but he gets that way every year when the yellow pollen is around.  I felt like a house had fallen on me last Wednesday which is what made me do the test.  But I am getting better every day and we started taking meds right away.  I'm sure we will be ok in the long run.

I love the new catalog BUT there were a few items that were not included in it that I will really miss!  For instance, the cards I am sharing with you today are at the top of my list!  I was really surprised that the Tropical Layers Dies & Artfully Layered stamp set was on the chopping block.  This bundle was featured in the Jan - June mini catalog SO if you want this bundle, you can still purchase it until the end of June!  It is not going to be in the Annual Catalog.  The details for this bundle is #157761 / $53.00. 


It seems every time I order a leaf set, it gets retired.  Oh well, I still use the retired items and will continue to do so.  Here are a few of the cards I have made using this bundle.



For this card, I kept the colors muted - using Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Gray Granite.  This is usually not my style (as I love bright colors) but I really like how this turned out.



Another card using the Artfully Layered Bundle.
It's hard to see but there is a die in this bundle that does not cut out.  it just leaves the impression - slightly cutting instead of embossing.  If you look at the bottom corner and the top left corner you will see the texture the die leaves.  Pretty cool!  I tore a piece of Kraft paper and stamped the sentiment on it.  The scallop is also one of the dies in this set.


And another Artfully Layered Bundle.  This time I used Terracotta Tile cardstock (retired In Color) for the card and the scallop piece.  The Artfully Composed DSP worked great for this card.  You can also only get this paper until the end of June and believe me, it is a beautiful pack of designer paper.


This card was an experiment and it came out ok.  I cut a piece of textured green vellum that I bought from Stampin' Up! several years ago at 11" x 4 1/4"  I adhered a piece of the Artfully Composed DSP onto the front of the vellum piece.  I wrapped a ribbon around the front and die cut a couple of leaves / ferns (?) on the front and inside of the card.




No comments: