Thursday, April 1, 2021

Paper Pumpkin Here's To You

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY to you!  No fooling - I have a blog post for you!

This month's Paper Pumpkin is great.  We got some free goodies in this month's kit - stencils (mountains, clouds, starburst & stars) and a sponge which I cut into 5 pieces.  The stencils have been a challenge for me.  I still need to work on them!  I think the elements in this kit work well for masculine cards.  Another good think in the kit is envelope liners along with kraft envelopes.  Usually the liners are already in the envelope and in order to use them as an element on the card, you have to cut the envelope apart.  



This background is from one of the envelope liners.  I had scraps left over from it which I fussy cut three of them to make candles and popped them up with dimensionals.  The sentiment came from a retired stamp and die set, Broadway Birthday.



This card was on one of the cards that was in the kit.  I cut the "scene" out and matted it onto Bumblebee cardstock.  I stamped and fussy cut the trees in the bottom left.




I die cut the scenery piece with a die from the Layered Circles.  I die cut (with scalloped Circle Die) a piece of white and matted the scenery piece on it.  I used another piece of the envelope liner and tore it along the bottom before attaching it to a piece of Calypso Coral.  The ribbon I used is the very last on the spool of a piece of Grapefruit Grove.


More floral paper from the envelope liners and a scenery square.


Another envelope liner.  I used the Layered Circles dies and stamped the flowers with Calypso Coral.



Here’s a sneak peek at what Stampin’ Up has designed for April’s Paper Pumpkin kit, it’s one that can be shared with the family! This entertaining and ‘SO COOL’ kit can be shared with your children or grandchildren providing lots of summer fun! What’s even better? This kit has been designed to coordinate with the Sweet Ice Cream Bundle featured in the Spring Mini for added enjoyment and projects!  You need to order by April 10 to get the April kit.




No comments: