Thursday, April 29, 2021

Here's To You Paper Pumpkin

It's beginning to feel like spring!  Yesterday's temps were in the 80s and I today it is predicted to be 86!  I'm so ready for the warm weather.  When I went to visit Ashley a couple of weeks ago, I took spring clothes and ended up having to wear some of Ashley's sweaters!  It even got close to freezing one night.  I am ready for short sleeves and capris!  Of course, I don't know if I will fit into my spring clothes from last year.  Due to this pandemic, I have put on about 10 unwanted pounds.  Dessert and goodies every day is not good!!!!  I am starting to count my WW points again and get this weight off.

I have been having a bit of a health scare.  Before I went to Ashley's, I noticed blood in my urine for 3 days.  I went to the doctor and they did a urine test which came out negative.  Next I had a renal ultrasound which showed kidney stones in both kidneys.  So, I went to a Urologist.  He had me do a CT scan a couple of days ago.  I will be going back to the urologist next week to go over the results.  All I do know is that it is not cancer according to the nurse who called me yesterday.  I didn't think cancer was an issue but you never know.  I just had two friends who were diagnosed with cancer.

I have been trying to finish up my Paper Pumpkin cards from last month during all this craziness.  Here are a few cards I have made.


I used the stars mask that came in the Paper Pumpkin kit.  I sponged the stars with Magenta ink and used the Stitched Stars Dies to die cut a few Coastal Cabana and Magenta stars.


I made a frame from one of the cards.
I fussy cut the flowers, yellow field and trees before adhering them to the card with dimensionals.


The background is one of the envelope liners.  I fussy cut the piece with the clouds and adhered it to the card with dimensionals.


This was a simple one.  I just adhered the panel to a piece of Tranquil Tide which was adhered to a white card.  I tied a piece of twine around the card and adhered the die cut trees that were included in the kit with dimensionals.


I had a scrap of the floral piece (which was an envelope liner) that I adhered to a piece of Petal Pink.  I stamped the flowers in the background and adhered the sunset piece with dimensionals after wrapping a piece of twine around it.


I sponged white craft ink using the star mask that was in the kit on to the 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" Crumb Cake cardstock.  That piece was layered onto a piece of Tranquil Tide and then onto the Crumb Cake card.  The trees die cut piece and the sentiment was adhered and it was done!  Easy!


I sponged a sunset (a little too dark!) onto a 3 1/2" square of white cardstock.  I used another of the masks to sponge the mountains.  I stamped the trees in the background with Pear Pizazz ink.  The stamped square is adhered to a square of Pear Pizazz.   After wrapping a piece of twine, I adhered the piece to the card with dimensionals.  


I wanted to show both sides of the trees - winter and spring!  This is the front of the card.


And this is the card when it is open!



No comments: