Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Flowering Foil

Hello!  I am still following the Stay at Home order and working on a few swap cards.  Our NC Quarterly meeting will be held July 24-25 after being moved back from the early June.  So, Marianne and I hope to attend this gathering in the mountains of NC.  I have not attended a Quarterly in a couple of years.  There was a time I never missed one if I could help it so I am excited to go to this one.  The card swaps I signed up for (so far!) is Masculine card (done!), Fun Fold card (working on it), Anniversary/Wedding card (done!), and a General card.  We will also have a Shoebox card swap on Friday night and several card competitions that I'm not sure if I will enter yet.

Today I am patiently waiting for my Paper Pumpkin kit to arrive!  I have seen several people around the country announce that they have received theirs and have even made cards with the kit.  Hopefully, mine will be in the mailbox today!

I'm excited because tomorrow, we are driving up to Maryland to visit Ashley!  I haven't seen her since February and Sonny hasn't seen her since December.  Her county (Montgomery) is still on lock down as well as Ashley's military orders of no travel over 100 miles so we won't be going out to eat or doing any sight seeing!  I am hoping the weather will be nice and we can enjoy her back yard.  We do have plans to go to a cidery in Virginia.  We'll take our own chairs and sit outside hopefully in the sunshine and enjoy their delicious ciders.

Here is a box with cards that I have made recently.  I used the foil paper that was a free item during Sale-a-Bration.  It was fun to color this paper with my Blends.

This is the box.  I colored the flowers  with Balmy Blue and Daffodil Delight Blends.

This is the same paper as the card above.  I just made it brighter with Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry and Night of Navy Blends.

Again - same paper, but very different look.  This time I went with pastel colors of light Blends and a few Copics to get the pale colors.

The flowers are in gold so I added a little edge of gold with the die from Stitched Be Mine.  I used the Highland Heather Blends to color the background of the piece along with the ribbon!

For this card, instead of coloring the background, I colored the flowers and leaves.

I colored the background on this card and layered it onto a piece of gold foil paper.  The sentiment is embossed in gold.

I had a small strip of this flower piece of DSP left so I colored it in blue and adhered it to the card.

My last card really pops, don't you think?!  You might need your shades for this one.  I colored again with Blends in Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green.  I found a piece of pink glitter paper from another Sale-a-Bration so I die cut Happy Birthday and adhered it on the card.

No comments: