Monday, May 4, 2020

Alternative My Wonderful Family

How do you like the colors in the strips of paper in my blog heading?  They are (as close as I could match them) the new IN COLORS!  I don't know what my favorite is yet but I'm leaning toward the Magenta Madness and Just Jade!  As a demonstrator, we will be able to put a pre-order in next week.  For sure I'll be getting the In Color cardstock and inks!

On the subject of being a demonstrator, I got this in today's mail!



Hard to believe I've been a demonstrator for 15 years!  It's funny because I never worked anywhere for 15 years!  The most I worked was for Coppell High School for 10 years.

I made several alternatives for the April My Wonderful Family Paper Pumpkin Kit.

This was a fun one to make.  I cut strips from Pear Pizzazz, Shaded Spruce, Soft Sea Foam and some green glitter paper from my stash and glued them down onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  The important thing to do with this technique is make sure the first piece you glue down is straight on the page.  All the rest then will line up leaving a small gap in between.  After getting all the pieces glued down, cut the piece to 4" x 5 1/4" and adhere to the Mint Macaron card base. 

This one is really simple.  I inked the little leaves with Pear Pizzazz and using my dauber, put a little bit of Shaded Spruce on them.

I used one of the squares from Layering Squares Dies.  The tree is stamped on the base card with the frame adhered on top with dimensionals.  I inked the tree image with Pear Pizzazz and like the card above daubed a little Shaded Spruce on the stamp.  I sponged a little Balmy Blue on the tree.

I used the negative of the leaf punch out and sponged Pear Pizzazz and Shaded Spruce on the card.  I learned a new trick on this card.  I used the Tombow liquid glue and using my finger, spread the glue onto the negative leaf.  Let it dry -10-20 minutes and it will be a sticky template you can use.   


1 comment:

Jeria said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sharon for 15 years with SU!!!!!