Monday, April 29, 2019

Grown With Kindness - Paper Pumpkin





I have been on a Paper Pumpkin roll lately!!  I had have several Paper Pumpkin kits that I have not done anything with - mainly, when they arrived I was busy making swap cards, traveling, etc.  Last week a friend was visiting me from Texas and she brought the Paper Pumpkin kits she had not done (some from 2015!!) and we spent a couple of days making cards with the kits. 


I started off with the February kit, Grown With Kindness.  I made 19 cards and still have a few bits left over!!  I'm telling you, these kits are wonderful!  My friend realized how many cards you could make with just the elements in the kit and adding a few pieces of card stock.  I love the photographic images that came in the kit.  Here's an inside look to how they came about and were photographed.  The Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin Design Team actually went out and purchased succulents.  They brought them back to the office and photographed them!  I think it makes the cards even more interesting to know how they were created!  I always like the "behind the scenes" stories.

Paper Pumpkin Feb 2019 FB Photos SU



Here are a few of the alternate cards I made from the kit.


The black striped paper came with the kit.  I stamped the teapot on scrap paper and fussy cut it after coloring it with my SU Blends.  You could just as easily stamp the tea cup directly on the scalloped circle.


For this card I just cut the photographic picture in 3 equal pieces and mounted them on a piece of Fresh Fig.


I love how the flower embossing looks on this vellum!  I cut one of the photographic pieces in half and matted them on Lovely Lipstick.  The card is Early Espresso

No comments: