Sunday, May 29, 2016

May NC Blog Hop - New Catalog Sneak Peeks!!

It's the last Sunday of the month which means it's time for the NC Demos Blog Hop!

Welcome to the NC Demos Blog Hop for May, 2016.  We are grateful that you stopped by to take a look at our creations this month.  Get your Wish Lists out because this month we are featuring projects using items from the NEW 2016-17 Annual Stampin' Up Catalog!!  We hope to provide you with lots of ideas.

As demonstrators, we are able to pre-order a few select items from the new catalog before it is released.  This time (for the first time!) I decided not to purchase any new stamp sets and only bought the new In Color card stock and ink pads.  So that is what I am concentrating on in my blog creations today.

The new 2016-18 In Colors are:  Dapper Denim, Peekaboo Peach, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum.  I keep changing my mind about which color is my favorite one!  I don't know if you noticed, but I have also used the new In Colors in my Blog Banner "splats" and in the letters above.

One of my favorite tools in years past was always the Stampin' Up Color Coach.  Unfortunately, SU retired it a year or two ago so I have made up my own using the In Colors.  Click on the chart below to see it better.  Of course, these are not all the combinations .... see what you can come up with!




I made a bookmark for my club members to show them the new colors.  Love the ribbon!!


My first card uses a technique called Bouncing Brayer.  When was the last time you used your brayer?  Ha!  Dig it out and try this technique.  Ink up your brayer in your choice of ink and place one edge of the brayer near the cardstock center.  Press the brayer to the cardstock but don't roll it.  Lift off paper.  Continue this process moving the brayer about 1/2" - 3/4" each time.  Makes a unique background.  I did mine in Peekaboo Peach, Emerald Envy and Flirty Flamingo.


My next card uses a stamp set that was in the Spring Mini Catalog and is carrying over.  It is called Grateful Bunch and comes with a coordinating punch.  I used ink from the lid of the pad and watercolored the flower with Sweet Sugarplum ink.  The leaves are stamped with Emerald Envy.


This is the card opened up - a fun fold!!


Next I decided to try another background that I created myself.  I masked the card with a circle and sponged in-color stripes.  (I used a striped mask that was included in the retired Banner Kit but you could easily use a ruler or cardboard.)  I stamped the leaves from Grateful Bunch (Emerald Envy) and stamped the flowers from the same set using the In Colors.


This one is my favorite!  I cut strips of In Color cardstock (1") and angled them onto a Basic Black card base.  After trimming the edges, I adhered the piece to the Dapper Denim card.  The sentiment is from Cottage Greetings and the punched flowers are from Grateful Bunch.


I hope you have gotten some inspiration for using the new In Colors from my projects.

Your next stop on the Hop is Sue Root -

You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from Tracie Langley's blog.  The full line-up listed below will help you move along from blog to blog so you can see all the projects.


 Michelle Irinyi - http://makingmemorieswithmichelle.weebly.com/home/nc-demos-blog-hop-marquee-messages





Pam Staples - http://wp.me/p3p2VA-1pB


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharon, love all your in-color samples! Also, I love your new blog header.

Sue Root said...

All of your cards are really nice. I got some great ideas. Fantastic idea to make your own color chart.

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Love your color coach! I will definitely be trying some of your combinations! Great samples.

WAGSTAMPS said...

Sharon, I Love your color chart and want to try some of those combinations. Great cards too.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Great techniques, and I especially appreciate the suggested color combos! I'm going to make a color chart for myself. :-)

Melissa Kerman said...

Fabulous projects Sharon and so many! I like them all but especially the last two. I love the idea of masking the circle and then adding the stripes of color. Very creative. I so also love the last one with the stripes of in-colors. I may have to be case those last two if you don't mind! So much fun! TFS

Sharon said...

Don't mind at all - CASE away!! Thanks for the comments.