Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial Day

Hope your long weekend and Memorial Day were restful and fun.  Ours was pretty quiet.  We took the boat out on Saturday - first time this year!  Believe it or not, but we have not even turned on the A/C in our house!!  Our house is so shaded that it stays fairly cool.  My craft room is starting to get a little warm so the A/C will probably be switched on in the next few days.  But, June & no A/C is a record for us.  Sunday we went out for breakfast and then to the movies in Mooresville.  Afterwards, we ran a few errands before returning home.  Today started out overcast so Sonny went to the Y and I lazed around the house!  I did make a wreath for the front door.  I've seen these wreaths made with red, white and blue bandanas but I couldn't find any (cheap anyway!).  So when I saw this material at JoAnne's, I bought it.  The Craft group in our neighborhood is making them this week and I was going to make it then.  But I decided to go ahead and put it together today since I had time and wanted to hang it on my door.  Plus, I was afraid I would have a conflict on Wednesday night with the Stanley Cup game.  Pittsburgh won their last play-off game last week and that win put them into playing for the Stanley Cup!!  We are excited - the first game in tonight.



I die cut stars from glitter paper and hot glued them to the wreath.

When we were in town on Sunday, we drove by the YMCA and saw this awesome flag display.


Each flag had a card on it with a veteran's name - either "in honor of" or "in memoriam"




No comments: