Monday, May 23, 2016

Blended Bloom

 
We said good-bye to Ft Lauderdale yesterday morning, dropped Ashley off at the airport, and headed north.  Our plans (I thought) were to drive as far as Brunswick, GA and stop for the night.  Pittsburgh was playing hockey (Stanley Cup play offs) at 8 pm and I had already scoped out a place for us to watch the game there.  Well, best laid plans .... or .... I should know my husband better!  When I looked up from reading my book, we were crossing the line into South Carolina!  We ended up stopping in a little "po-dunk" town that had 2 motels and a lot of fast food restaurants.  We did find a regular restaurant next to the motel for dinner but ended up sitting in the motel room to watch the game.  (Pittsburgh ended up losing in over-time.)  We are getting ready to get back on the road.  Next stop (other than gas) I hope will be Front Porch Restaurant for fried chicken.  That is definitely NOT on Weight Watchers but it is soooo good and I have been pretty good this past week even if I was on vacation. 
 
I wanted to share this card I made a couple of weeks ago that uses a single stamp that is retiring.  I am not sure if it is still available to purchase since I have not checked the Retiring List this week.  But if it is, I would recommend you purchase it!  I love it and don't think I have used it enough.  I stamped the flower on Shimmery White cardstock and used my Aqua Pen and the ink that I squeezed into the top of my ink pad (Watermelon) to color the flower.  For the darker areas, I used the Watermelon marker.  I cut the flower out and used dimensionals to pop it up.   For the background, I made a rectangle mask and used sponges to color the area in Tangerine, Old Olive and Marina Mist.  I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor in gray ink.  The "hello" is die cut from Basic Gray and glittered with my Stella Pen.  
  
 

 

No comments: