Thursday, December 17, 2015

Merry Christmas

Dear Friends!!  I am so overwhelmed this holiday season as you may be able to tell from the lack of posts!!  Every day for the past couple of weeks it seems I have gone to some kind of event.  This week I decided enough was enough!  I was literally making myself sick.  I was making little gifts to take to my bridge, mahjong, etc., etc., groups and then forgetting them and leaving them at home!!  Monday night I was up until 1 a.m. getting ready for my Stamp Club on Tuesday (which as it turned out I only had two people show up!)  I was supposed to go to Southern Living Christmas party on Wednesday when I finally decided to just cancel.  There were going to be 24-25 people there and I didn't figure they would miss my little appetizer!  Then today I had three gals come to Stamp Club.  We had a great time making tags, gift cards and just visiting.  I was able to sit down and visit with them which is also what I did on Tuesday .... even making a few tags myself!  I don't know why I do this to myself every year.  A friend reminded me today that this rushing around and trying to get every thing done is not what Christmas is about.  I think we all need that reminder and remember why we celebrate Christmas.

With all that said, we are flying out in a few hours to spend Christmas with Ashley.  I look forward to some rest and relaxation and time to visit with my Texas family.  This may be the last time in a while that we will be going to Texas.  Ashley has been interviewing (still with the Army) for a new position and found out last weekend that she will be moving to Honolulu!!  She will be the Pediatric Residency Program Director.  It is a three year position but she could stay longer.  She will have a lot to do to get ready for the big move.  She will be putting her house on the market soon and looking into housing in Hawaii.  She is considering finding something on the base until she can figure out what to do there.  I don't think she will be leaving Texas until June-July so she has a little time.

I probably will not be posting for the next couple of weeks while we are gone.  So, please stay safe and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

No comments: