Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Stamp A Stack 2015

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year.  Mine was excellent.  Having Ashley here for almost 2 weeks was great as well as having my brother in law here for a week.  This is a hard time of year for him as well as myself since it was just before Thanksgiving that my sister died eight years ago.  (Gosh, can't believe it's been that long.)  But it is also nice to get back to normalcy (whatever that is!)  Sonny and I were talking about it tonight.  We loved having everyone here and we were on the go constantly, but it was good to get our routine back and sit down at the kitchen table and eat our left overs.  Know what I mean?  We will be leaving in a few weeks for Texas to spend Christmas with Ashley as well as her birthday.  So just a few weeks of normalcy!  

I had a busy day today.  This morning was our Newcomers Christmas party.  This year it was held at the Catholic church and we had so much more room than our regular location.  Half of the membership brings food for the event and the other half bring canned goods for The Christian Mission.  We also make baskets for the elderly and toys for children whose families are struggling.  All these are given to The Christian Mission who distributes them to needy people in our community.  We provided 85 baskets today so there will be a lot of happy people at Christmas time.

After the party, I had an eye doctor appointment for a procedure on my right eye for posterior capsule opacification .... what a mouthful!  It is a common complication after cataract surgery where the part of the lens covering (or capsule) that remains after surgery gets cloudy.  The procedure itself is called Yag laser.  The doctor uses a laser to cut a hole in the clouded back lining of the lens capsule which allows light to pass through the membrane to the retina at the back of the eye.  Sonny was with me and they had a special tool that he could look into and see the entire procedure.    I'll be having my left eye done on Monday and hopefully by then, I'll be able to tell the difference.

I am having my annual card class this Saturday and have been busy the past couple of days prepping for the event.  It is always a fun time.  We get our Christmas cards made, eat some goodies, have a few give-aways and just have fun!  If you'd like to come, let me know SOON (like today!) so I can get prepped for you.  It will be at my house from 10 - 1 this Saturday, Dec. 5.  I have so much fun designing the different cards for this event and the choices seem to increase every year because I can't decide.  The way it works is that you make 20 cards for $35, in groups of 5 each.  You can also make more than 20 at an additional cost.















No comments: