Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sprinkles of Life Shaker

I've been playing around with the Ronald McDonald stamp set, Sprinkles of Life.  For every stamp that is sold, Stampin' Up will donate $3 to the Ronald McDonald Charity.  This set is proving to be a very popular one this year so that makes me happy!

Yesterday I made a Shaker Card with the set.


Isn't it fun and colorful?  The DSP is from the Cherry on Top stack and I just love it!  I CASE'd this card from another demonstrator but now I don't remember who!

I thought I'd share a picture of Ashley's ship as they were leaving Hawaii.  Hers is the one in the foreground of the picture below.  The other is the Mercy, the hospital ship, which she will join in August to travel to Viet Nam.


She seems to be staying pretty busy.  They were due to land at the first island on their mission on Monday (or maybe Tuesday with the time change.)  She said they went to bed Saturday night and woke up Monday morning - lost a whole day due to the International Date Line.  There are 2 showers for 30 women but so far, she's been able to shower every day.  They were shutting the water off for a couple of days though to get the water purification system working.  She was pleasantly surprised to find that they have laundry facilities - she had been told not to expect that.

I heard today on the radio that a hospital ship had hit the dock where the USS Arizona in Pearl Harbor is moored closing down the Pearl Harbor Memorial for a week.  I looked it up on the internet and, while it wasn't the ship Ashley is on, it is the Mercy, which is traveling with her ship on the mission!  Here is the news story.





No comments: