Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Final Paper Craft Crew Card

A quick post tonight before I hit the shower and my bed.  Who would think you could be so tired sitting around the hospital all day!  But 12 hours at the hospital was enough.  Sonny came through the hip surgery with flying colors.  I don't think he will ever admit it, but he did say his pain today after surgery was nothing compared to the pain he has been having before surgery.  The surgery lasted about 1 1/2 hours and then another hour in Recovery.  I figured he'd be out of it all day but they gave him a spinal block and only a small bit of "la la" sedation meds so he was pretty awake when they took him to his room.  He was in the room around 2:30 and the Physical Therapist came in at 3:30 and had him up and walking down the hall.  I couldn't believe it but he did fine.  He was starving so I called Marianne and had her stop and get him an Italian Sub on her way home from work.  He ate that around 4:30 and when they brought his dinner tray, he ate most of that too!  I can already tell I am going to have my hands full when he gets home though trying to keep him from trying to do too much.  The Phy. Therapist had him sitting in a chair and told him to sit as long as he felt like it.  He made it a couple of hours and then had me help him get back in bed.  Well, he should have called a nurse to get him in the bed and they let him know it when they came in to check on him!!  He is hoping to be able to come home tomorrow afternoon but we'll see.  He is doing so good that I don't see why not though.

I forgot to share my last card I made for Paper Craft Crew.  I have been on the Design Team for 3-4 years and mostly made my cards using My Digital Studio.  When MDS was discontinued, I decided to turn in my resignation also.  Don't get me wrong - I will continue to use MDS (I just bought $130 worth of new downloads!) but just decided it was time to turn my focus somewhere else.

I love this baby card that I made with MDS - and just in time too.  My daughter-in-law's oldest girl had her own little girl last Friday.



No comments: