Tuesday, February 17, 2015

MDS Monday 101 - On a Tilt!

Time for another MDS Monday sketch.  The sketch this week is by Tami Hewlett (one of my favorite MDS designers!)  We are to put the focal point on a tilt.  The best way, I think, to do this is to first line things up nice and straight; then group them and put them at an angle.  Tami has a video tutorial on the MDS Monday blog.



I had to dig deep for these pictures!  They were taken 10 years ago on a vist back to Dallas.  Margaret and I were at my friend, Sharon's house having a few drinks out on the upstairs patio.  Sharon had recently joined the Red Hat ladies and we were having a fun time trying on her Red Hat accessories!  Did I say we were drinking???!!  Margaret's husband came to get us to go home and we got him in on our shenanigans!  I used a few overlays with this layout.



Here is Tami's sketch:



4 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

What a fun page Sharon! Great photos and I love the row of cocktails!!! Too perfect for words. The film strip works great too. Very awesome.

Unknown said...

Love your journalling here Sharon... it's so fun! Love the filmstrip idea too... I don't think I've done it in digital ever... although I did once when I still did "real" scrapbooking ;) Thanks for joining us this week at MDS Monday!

Heidi Baks said...

This layout is perfect for a film strip. Love all the layers you added, and it looks like you guys were having fun!

Yapha said...

Super cute page, Sharon! I love the drinks and Cheers! borders. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday.