Friday, April 25, 2014

Retiring Pennants Parade

I hope you ordered all you needed while the shipping was free this week and before the things you wanted sold out.  I hope I did too!!  Stampin' Up has been really hustling this week in getting the packages shipped out.  I put two orders in on Monday and one on Tuesday.  I received one of the orders today and the other two will arrive on Monday!  Usually they take several days longer than that.  And I placed an order late this afternoon and it is already in "picking" so I should get it sometime next week.  

I pulled out my retiring stamps from my current collection today and went through my retiring stamps and really cleared a lot of them out.  I will be putting them in the used stamp sale Saturday, May 3 at Stampers Alley in Mooresville.  Now I just have to sit down and price them - the part I don't like to do since it is not an exact science.  I had so many retired stamps that I haven't wanted to part with but I am just running out of space and I really don't use them that much anymore.

Here are a few cards made with some retiring items.


This card uses the following retired items:

  • Gumball Green card stock
  • Pennants Parade stamp set
  • Gumball Green Dahlias
  • Itty Bitty Punch pack (I'm really going to miss it!)
  • Houndstooth  embossing folder
  • Ink for pennants:  Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals


Another card using Pennants Parade


The card above is one I received in a swap.  Unfortunately, I don't know whose card it is but it is a great one!  The Lattice Die is the retiring items in this one.  I'm holding on to my die because I like it so much.


This is a simple card to make but makes a big Wow!  I either got this in a swap or shoebox - can't remember!  The embossing folders - Flower Garden and Stripes - are both retiring.

I'm really struggling with my vision.  On the days I play cards - Hand and Foot, bridge, mahjongg - my eyes get sooo tired they almost hurt.  Today was Hand & Foot.  I go back and forth between using my readers and no glasses so don't know which is the best.  I am not supposed to go back to my eye doctor until June but I think I will be going sooner than that and see about getting some glasses.

No comments: