Sunday, December 15, 2013

Something We All Need - A Gift Card Holder!

I have been on the go so much this week I don't know if I am coming or going!  I went to a Christmas party every day last week except for Wednesday.  Monday was bridge where I too a squash casserole, gift for our exchange as well as a little hand made goodie for all 17 people that were there; Tuesday was Bunco in our neighborhood - again I took a dish for dinner and a gift for the exchange.  Thursday was Southern Living - this time I made Ambrosia Macaroon Cookies and a gift for the exchange.  Friday it was Mahjong - again, a gift and I took sausage and biscuits for our brunch.  Saturday was a cold dreary day here and I was glad to spend it indoors working on my Christmas projects for the following week and my Christmas cards.  Today in between football games, we had our family Christmas.  Luckily, we gathered at Marianne's house.  I took my gifts for all the family and my requested potato casserole (a favorite of Marianne's boys); squash and zucchini and an apple pie.  Monday I go to my other bridge group and take my gift and a corn casserole.  Afterwards, I have an appointment for a massage ..... much needed!!  Tuesday I am getting my hair cut in the morning and then coming home to get ready for my Stamp Club Christmas gathering.  We are going to make gift cards on Tuesday plus I have some goodies for the gals.  So, please forgive me for not blogging much last week .... and possibly next week.  We will be leaving for Texas on Wednesday hoping to make it to San Antonio by Friday.  I am hoping I am going to find some time to pack!!  Plus, I need to pack for New Zealand since I will be leaving from San Antonio for New Zealand on the 28th.  I don't think I will have any trouble sleeping on that flight after the hectic weeks I've had.

My brother and sisters

My nephew, Derek and Mom (resting her eyes)

Niece and nephew (my brother's kids)

Marianne and Lee - my baby sister and baby brother!

My nephew, Harrison and Mom
I have been working on a few gift card holders.  These are something I think everyone could use this time of year.  This one is a super simple one.



I made the smallest envelope using the Envelope Punch Board in red card stock.  Then make a belly band with black card stock.  I used the Curly Label Punch for the silver glimmer paper and cut a rectangle out of black card stock for the center of the glimmer "buckle". 

Here's another easy gift card using the Bigz Bow Die to decorate it:

Gift Card Holder "present" open

gift card open - you can just barely see the brad on the left side I used to attach the top to the bottom.

No comments: