Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ode to my Wife funny poem

Finally a day I didn't have to go anywhere!  I actually got a lot done today - most of my presents wrapped, most of my Christmas cards mounted onto card stock, cookies made for my luncheon on Thursday, December blog header made and uploaded (like it?) and I even cooked dinner tonight!  Wow!   I'm really lucky that Sonny doesn't want a full cooked dinner every night.  How times have changed.  I'm pretty sure we usually had a full dinner every night when I was growing up.  Now we may have a full dinner a couple of times a month!  We usually have something light - sandwiches, soup, home made pizza, eggs, tacos, salad and we are both ok with that. 

I received a beautiful Christmas card today from a local friend and fellow SU demonstrator.  Not only did she send this beautiful card but on the inside was a funny poem that I want to share.

"Ode to My Wife"
"She learned to stamp on Monday
Her embossing was quite fine.
She forgot to set out dinner,
So we went out to dine.
 
She brayered backgrounds Tuesday
She says they are a must.
They really were quite lovely
But she forgot to dust.
 
On Wednesday, it was birthday cards
She says that chalking's fun.
Shading, blending and watercoloring -
But the laundry wasn't done.
 
Her card swap was on Thursday
Using green and blue and red;
I guess she really was engrossed.
She never made the bed.
 
It was shaker cards on Friday
Using techniques she just adores,
But she never seemed to notice
The crumbs on all the floors.
 
I found a maid on Saturday!
My week is now complete
My wife can stamp the hours away;
The house will still be neat.
 
Well, it's already Sunday,
And my forehead's feeling damp.
I cursed, I raved, and I ranted -
The MAID has learned to stamp!!"

Vicki used a favorite retired set and some non-SU DSP on the bottom.  But isn't this a great card??  Love it!
 

No comments: