Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shoebox Swaps

Today is the day when the annual flight of the Stampin' Up demonstrators begin to flock to Utah for Convention. This year I am not among those winging their way to the Salt Palace. (boo hoo)  I will try not to whine too much since it was a choice I made.  I hope to go next year though!   Instead I will try and console myself with stamping and being productive.  My friend and roomie from last year is going to convention tomorrow.  She has busted her butt this past year building her business and I think it will pay off for her.  She has earned the trip to Fuji!! plus she told me she has gotten a couple of letters from SU that she has earned rewards this year and will be walking on stage.  I can't wait to hear what she is being rewarded for.

In the meantime, here are a couple of the Shoebox Swaps I did last Saturday.  Even though we only paid $5 for the event (plus gas & lunch), this swap is going to cost me.  We used several stamp sets that are now on my "must have" list.  This next one is one of them.  It is also on Marianne's list too.  We both love this card.


Shape Card Open (by Kathy Hunt)

Shape Card closed.
We used the Labels Framelits and the Big Shot to create the card.  The back piece is creased so it will open easily.  But the stamp set is what I love.  It is Stippled Blossoms (two step stamp).  We stamped the outline image in full strength Primrose Petals and the inside image in Primrose Petals that was stamped off.  The green leaves were done the same way.  The sentiment is Perfectly Penned - another great stamp set. 

Thoughts and Prayers by Amy Pennell
Luckily, I have this stamp set .... Thoughts and Prayers.  But I don't have the Apothecary Framelits!!  (on the list though.)  We punched out the flowers with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack with a tad of glue in the center and glitter.

No comments: