Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hexagon Punch!

This is my second post today!!

Today is my Mom's 84th birthday!  Happy Birthday Mom!  The family took her out to dinner on Saturday night since Marianne was going to be at the beach this week.  Tuesday our friend, Ellen, invited us to lunch and we went to Jeffrey's Restaurant.  We celebrated both of their birthdays - Ellen's was last week.  Ellen and Mom used to work together in Charlotte and I have become friends with her through Newcomer's.  We were on the Board together a few years ago.  It was my first time to eat at Jeffrey's and it was delicious!!  In fact, I ate such a big lunch that my dinner consisted of a dish of ice cream (with nuts and chocolate sauce!)

I CASE'd a few cards this week but this one is my favorite!  Usually when I CASE a card, I change it up somewhat.  But this one was so great, the only thing I changed was the sentiment!  It is from Andrea Walford.  She used to be a Canadian SU demonstrator and does great work!!  I love her cards.

The colors didn't turn out too great but ... it's still a great card!  Hexagons seem to be the rage lately.  I wish SU had a Hexagon punch (they do have one in My Digital Studio!!).   So, this paper is from Twitterpated and I just cut the hexagons out.  No, it is not a card I will mass produce, but it was a fun one to make. 

Supplies:
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Black cardstock, Twitterpated DSP
Ink:  Black Craft
Accessories:  Black Pearls (non SU), Black Taffeta Ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig

So check out your DSP and see what you can cut out and use!!

No comments: