Thursday, July 5, 2012

Postage Due

I was on a roll this weekend and made several cards with my new stuff as well as some old stuff.  Postage Due (pg 108) is one of the stamp sets that didn't catch my eye at first.  But, after seeing a lot of the samples from others, it grew on me.  This is a little outside my norm; just like the set I bought last year, Daring Adventure.  But I love to try and stretch myself.

I started out embossing the Crumb Cake card with the Tulip embossing folder.  I stamped the large Postage Due stamp  with Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  Then I distressed the edges and matted it onto Cherry Cobbler.  It's hard to tell but I also stamped a portion of the stamp on a scrap piece of Vanilla and tore it, sponging around the edges before lining it up and adhering it on the larger piece.  I also stamped the flower separately in Cherry Cobbler, cut it out and adhered it.  I stamped the postage stamps in Cherry Cobbler, Espresso and Midnight Muse and then punched them out with the Postage Punch and adhered them with dimensionals.  Happy Anniversary is stamped in Midnight Muse, punched out with the Banner Framelit and adhered with dimensionals.

Click on the cards to view them larger.

Postage Due
Here is another version of the Postage Due stamp.  This time I stamped just the bicycle part onto a piece of DSP (retired) in Basic Gray.  The postage stamps are stamped in Cherry Cobbler and Basic Gray and punched out with the Postage Punch.  The strip of DSP across the middle is matted with Cherry Cobbler.  There is a strip of Whisper White at the bottom that is punched out with the Adorning Accents Edgelit.


Close up of postage stamps and Edgelit trim
Did you watch fireworks last night?  We went out on our boat around 6.  It was starting to thunder and I was afraid we were going to get caught in a storm but it passed over.  We settled down in a cove across the lake from Queens Landing, where the fireworks were going to be shot off.  Sonny and I took our books and did a little reading, took a nap, and ate our dinner while waiting for the fireworks to begin.  There were a lot of individuals all around us shooting off fireworks so it was entertaining while we were waiting.  Finally the fireworks started at 9:45 but only lasted about 15 minutes.  In the past, they've usually lasted about 30 minutes.  I don't know if they ran out of fireworks or had some kind of technical difficulties.  It was pretty disappointing.  But luckily, we did not have to sit in traffic to drive home - just a little boat traffic. 

1 comment:

MJ said...

Wonderfully done. I love all the layers, and you have succeeded in making me want this set, thanks so much for playing along with the LNS challenge this week!