Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pleasant Poppies

I just love the colors in this card!  The Pleasant Poppies stamp is a single stamp with so much potential!  This is just one of the cards that I created with it.  


I stamped the poppies in black ink and colored them with my markers using mostly Soft Subtle colors.  I originally had stamped them and tried coloring them with darker colors but didn't like the look.  I prefer these soft colors - So Saffron, Baja Blue and Pink Pirouette.  I matted the Whisper White onto Black and adhered that to the Marina Mist.  I used a retired ribbon in Marina Mist to tie around the card.  I really miss the wide grosgrain ribbon! 

I played Bridge today ... had a little better cards today than I had last time but still nothing to write home about.  It was a fun day with friends though.  Today I am taking my Mom to yet another doctor!  But this time it is to Dr. Allen, her regular doctor for her 6-month check up.  He had wanted to see her after she saw the neurologist so I'll be killing 2 bird with 1 stone at least.  She started her Physical Therapy today and Angela said they had her in tears.  I'm sure but she needs to start moving around more.  She'll do PT twice a week.  Angela is going to take her this week and I'll be taking her next week - fitting it around bridge and my club meetings.

Our heat is supposed to abate a bit this week.  We sure could use some rain!

Have a good week!  Don't forget Tuesday is Stampin' Up's new digital downloads so check them out!

No comments: