Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stamping Queens Sketch Wednesday

I made another sketch card this week for the Stamping Queens using My Digital Studio.  I really love the texture in this card.  I used a recent download, Frosty Days II.  Again, this could be easily duplicated without using MDS. 



The card base is Pool Party with Melon Mambo as the next layer.  Then the polka dot DSP layer.  The Pool Party rectangle DSP is matted with Soft Suede,  The white stamped rectangle is matted with Melon Mambo.  The snowflake is stamped with Pool Party and a brad inserted in the center.  After adding all the elements to the card, I used a background stamp in white over the whole card and reduced the opacity to give a snowy effect.  I love how this turned out!  Below is the sketch we had to use.  Hopefully, you will give this sketch a try - it's an easy one!  Show us what you create by posting your card HERE.



The Online Extravaganza is still going on (until Nov. 30) and it is a great time to get My Digital Studio Express.  Included in the promotion is the opportunity to receive a free bundle of preselected digital downloads (at least a $39.95 value) with the purchase of My Digital Studio Express.  The bundle options are:
Bundle #1: My Digital Studio Booster Pack (item #124484)
Bundle #2: Holiday Themed Downloads (item #129385)
    -Merry & Type Stamp Brush Set
    -Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper
    -Letters to Santa Embellishments
    -Baker's Twine
    -Dasher Stamp Brush
    -Holiday Harmony II Kit
    -Merry Delightful Digital Tape
    -25 & Counting Stamp Brush Set
    -Deck the Halls Designer Buttons
    -And a Happy New Year Photocard Template 
Bundle #3: Scrapbooking Themed Downloads (item #129386)
    -Day in the Lift Kit
    -Thoughtful Overlays Stamp Brush Set
    -Fun Flowers Shapes
    -Delightful Digital Tape
    -Sweet Details Alphabet & Numbers
    -Word Play Stamp Brush Set

To view a PDF of the images in each bundle, visit the online store under My Digital Studio Express.

While I had MDS opened on Monday, I created a couple of other things.

This would be great to give to someone as a gift (just change the name & date!).  Print it out, mat it and put it in a frame.  Voila!  A quick and easy gift of a family crest!

This picture is of Westminster Abbey in London.  It is from our trip last spring.  I just changed the photo effect to black and white and matted it in black on grey paper.  Added a few snippets of DSP on the side and the flourish from Baroque Motifs!  Easy peasy!

I am enjoying my time with Ashley.  We took a walk around the neighborhood yesterday morning, did a little creating in my stamp room, went to town for lunch and a quick (??) trip to WalMart and the Dollar Store.  Last night, she cooked dinner for us.  Food always tastes better when someone else does the cooking, doesn't it??  She loves to cook too.  Today Marianne is going to come over and we will play in my stamp room a while and then get some of our dishes ready for tomorrow's feast.

No comments: