Saturday, January 15, 2011

Valentines for you

Well, we still have snow and ice on the ground and school was out for the FIFTH day in a row!!  Marianne's son has been able to go to school yesterday and today since they live in Mooresville city school district.  The main roads are fine.  It's just our neighborhood and Island Point Road which is very shady.  I actually ventured out today to go play mahjong.  Sonny was going to drive me but I ended up just following him part way through the bad parts.  He was headed to Davidson to do some work.  He had to pull my car out of the driveway for me - it was pure ice.  But, after that, I did ok.  I didn't have far to go and it was nice to be out of the house!  

I have been waiting for a couple of UPS shipments this week.  One was due on Wednesday and the other was due Thursday.  I checked the UPS site yesterday and they posted something about Weather Conditions Prevent Delivery.  Well, today the UPS man called me and said that he had left my packages up by my mailbox.  See .... even he wouldn't come down our driveway!!

So that being said, I have a couple of Valentines to share with you.  One of them I stamped in the traditional way and the other I made in My Digital Studio.  

This card I used my new Valentine Bundle stamp set, Filled With Love and the Designer Paper that comes with the bundle for the scallops.  

This is the MDS card.  The stamp can be purchased from the Occasions Mini catalog - it is a mini stamp on the last page of the catty.  This is what I love about MDS.  I can just download this stamp for a couple of dollars and print it out when I want to and I don't have to worry about storage!!

I've still been working on my stamp room - getting it into shape.  This week, I took most of my non-SU DSP bits and pieces that I had stashed in every crevice of my room and threw away pieces that weren't any bigger than about 4"x 4".  I've got it corralled into one large plastic bin now.  My club ladies are going to make coaster calendars next week so we'll be using up a lot of the bits and pieces.  I've also been working on organizing all my 12" x 12" DSP.  My friend, Judy, gave me a couple of plastic paper organizers for Christmas so that has been my motivation!

Tomorrow is our big football day!!  For those of you who aren't on Facebook, this is what I posted last night:
*****WARNING***** The national weather service has issued a falling bird warning for Pittsburgh next Saturday starting at 4:30 and continuing until the end of the fourth quarter. Falling birds could be heavy at times especially around the Heinz Field area. Heavy accumulation is likely.  
We'll be heading to Big Al's for the game and hopefully, we'll be happy when we come home!!

No comments: