Thursday, January 20, 2011

January Stamp Club Cards

Yes ....I'm still here!  I have been on the go all week and have just not had the time or energy to post anything.  I had a mammogram on Tuesday morning.  Then rushed to my FINAL Board meeting and luncheon with Newcomers.  (I sent out my final newsletter Tuesday night!!)   Yesterday I played mahjong and from there went to have my hair cut.  I was in bad need of a haircut.  Now that I am wearing my hair shorter, I have to get it cut a little more often or it really looks shaggy!  In between all that running around, when I was at home, I was getting prepared for Stamp Club.  The plan was to do the coaster calendars but four of the gals didn't want to do them so I had to come up with a couple of cards for them to make.  I ended up with 4 making the calendars and 4 doing cards with two "newbie" gals.  So, I was going back and forth between the two tables trying to keep everyone on track.  When everyone left, I collapsed in my easy chair for about 3 hours!!!  I think everyone had a good time though and enjoyed the projects they were working on.  

This Valentine is made with the stamp set, Filled With Love (found on the last page of the Holiday Mini).  The DSP is from the Bundle Special.  I used the Heart Border Punch on the edges of all three pieces of DSP.  My base card is white.  The little flower in the middle of the "O" is punched out with the 3/4" circle punch and has a red brad through the center. 

This card was a little bit different for me.  I don't usually use these colors together but I like the way it turned out.  I wheeled the Sahara Sand strip in Soft Suede with Very Vintage large wheel.   (I colored in a couple of the flowers on the wheel but decided I didn't like it and tried to cover most of them up!)   I layered the strip onto Very Vanilla that I used the Scallop Border Punch.  The base card is Not Quite Navy.  I tied a Poppy Parade ribbon around the strip and adhered it to the card.  The flower is from Vintage Vogue and stamped in Poppy.  I used a tiny button in the center of the flower with SU linen thread through the holes.  The leaves are from the Little Leaves Die and cut from Soft Suede and Sahara Sand (that is sponged lightly with Soft Suede).  I stamped the sentiment onto vanilla and punched it out with the Word Window punch; then I layered it with Not Quite Navy punched with the Modern Label Punch.

No comments: