Thursday, June 3, 2021

Update

 Thought I'd update my progress for you.  Every day I see & feel a little bit better but I still have a long way to go.  I just took my shower (#2 for the week!)  I went up & down the steps on my butt with Sonny waiting for me at the top & bottom to get me in the shower!   It felt so good to wash my hair & myself!!  I am still sleeping on the couch downstairs & it is pretty comfy.   I actually graduated from the wheelchair to a walker yesterday.  I am hoping I can use a knee scooter soon.  A friend of mine has one & is going to let me borrow it.  Ashley & Sonny don't think it will work for me as I will have to have my left leg (injured one) folded up on the scooter & scoot with my right one so we'll see.  I appreciate all the emails and text messages that friends have sent me.

Here are a couple of cards I made with the latest Paper Pumpkin.  Truthfully, this kit wasn't my style but I'm still thinking of ideas I can use to make more of the Batter Up cards.


This card was made as a birthday card for a special friend.



This card was a little bit different.  I used the blue tissue paper that comes in the kit and adhered it to a white card.  The striped paper is from the envelope liner that I tore on the side.  I had some blue twine that I looped under the circle.  I fussy cut the words in the sentiment and used the Blending Brushes to color the circle Balmy Blue.

Enjoy!

No comments: