Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Swap Cards

 I was recently in an new catalog swap with a few of my NC Demo friends.  It was great to see some of the stamp sets used that I don't have.  Of course, it also makes me want to get some of those stamps!  It's funny - you can look at the stamp sets in the catalog and not think much of them until you see them used in real life!  Broadens your horizon!

Here are a few of the cards I received.


I love the designer paper used on this card and it goes wonderful with the new In Color, Evening Evergreen!  I think this stamp set could be the replacement for Lovely As A Tree.


On this card, you can see a few of the snippets of the designer paper on the bottom.  I love how she die cut 2 trees and just a peek of the Evergreen is showing like a shadow.  This card and the one above are both from the Beauty of the Earth suite (pg 10-11).


Again another card that gives us a peek at some designer paper and a new In Color.  This time she used Hand Penned (pg. 131) and Soft Succulent.


This is a stamp set that I did not like when I saw it in the catalog.  My sister and I both gave it a thumbs down.  UNTIL we saw this card and the next one!  OMG .... this is just beautiful.  The Fresh Freesia card with the Soft Succulent is just wonderful!


Another great card using Simply Elegant suite (pg 68-69.)  And this bundle comes with a PUNCH and not a die!!  Another reason to put it on your list!


Isn't this slimline card beautiful?!!  I love that Pansy Petals suite (pg 28-29) with the new In Color, Polished Pink.  I like the size of this slimline card.  It is cut at 7" x 8" and scored at 4" on the 8" side so it  makes a 4" x 8" card.

Well, my husband made it the Pawleys Island.  He found a gas station somewhere just past the NC / SC border and topped off his tank.  Then when he got to the beach, he found another gas station and filled up so he should be good to go to return on Thursday!  I'm enjoying a little bit of  "alone time."  Sunday I spent just about the whole day working on some swap cards for the July Quarterly in Hendersonville.  Ashley is  going to come down that weekend since it is my mom's 93rd birthday so she will go to the Quarterly with Marianne and me.  Today I played Hand & Foot with my friends.  Ashley signed me up to receive a couple of free meals through Hello Fresh and another one.  So, last night I had Caribbean Tilapia.  It was delicious and not something Sonny would eat!  I did a Peruvian Chicken before he went out of town.  He ate it and said it wasn't too bad!  He is just a "meat and potatoes" king of guy - drives me nuts!  I have another one lined up for tomorrow that is a pork dish using couscous which I know he would turn his nose up at!

I've got to share the picture of Miss Abigail.  I got to see her on Mother's Day.  She is a cutie!!


I think she is going to have red hair!  Both of her grandparents (Marianne and Greg), Harrison and Derek (her dad) have red hair.

This is some of my family on Mother's Day - my two sisters, mom, brother, nephew and great niece.

No comments: