Monday, May 10, 2021

Birthday Cards from May Paper Pumpkin

 I am working on my new catalog order and trying to decide which stamp set(s) I will get.  There are so many beautiful ones to choose from!!  I think I am leaning towards the Pansy Patch, Hand Penned and Artistically Inked.  Decisions, decisions!!  Plus .... I am loving the Designer Paper that is in the catalog!!

Ok - I have mentioned that I was going through some medical issues.  Well, I think I am done and the outcome is good.  It started out a little over a month ago when I had discovered blood in my urine (for 3 days.)  So a trip to the doctor.  I never had any pain or discomfort.  I ended up going to a urologist.  I had CT scan, Ultrasound, and last week the dr. took a look at my bladder.  Turns out that I have kidney stones in both kidneys.  They are fairly small so for now we are not going to do anything.  The urologist said if it was him, he'd just wait since they are small versus having two surgeries to break them up.  He will see me again in a year and do another CT scan.  So that makes me happy.  I have heard some horror stories about how painful it is to pass them.  Just hoping mine aren't big enough to hurt me if they decide to pass!

Now on to better topics!!  I have made several cards with the April Paper Pumpkin kit.  It is one of the best ones Stampin' Up has done.  

I used the Blender Pen in Just Jade to make stripes on the background.  The white piece is die cut with Scalloped Contours Dies.

I really like making the slimline cards.  I used my Stampamajig to line up the "happy birthdays"

I stamped the popsicles with Memento Black Ink onto Rococo Rose, Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana, and Lemon Lime cardstock and fussy cut them.  I stamped the middles pieces in the same colors, cut them out and adhered them to the popsicles.

I found the DSP that is adhered on the left in my stash.  I do believe it is about 13 years old & from Stampin Up!!  I don't know what you call this type of fold but the side with the DSP is glued down and the card opens there.  I used my Blends to color the drink and watermelon.  I had some wood grain DSP in my stash and used it to make a table.

This popsicle is one of the stickers in the kit.  I tied a Bumblebee ribbon around the stick.

No comments: