Tuesday, March 12, 2019

More August Paper Pumpkin Alternatives

I'm back with even more cards I made using the August Paper Pumpkin.


For this card, I just used a strip of the card piece and layered some lace under the strip.  I think I have had this ribbon lace for about 10 years!  I found it in my stash of ribbon and thought it looked really nice with this card.  In the Paper Pumpkin kit was a couple of pages of green vellum leaves and a couple of pages of clear vellum leaves.  I used my sponge brayer on the clear leaves to color them a light green.  Would you like to get this card for your birthday?


Another strip of the card with a scalloped edge of Blackberry Bliss under it.  I stamped the flowers using Calypso Coral ink on the Calypso Coral card.  The speckled strip was cut from the inside of the envelope that was included in the kit


For this card I layered the rectangle of flowers on Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive.  I stamped the flowers on the white part with the baby wipe technique but just used purple and pink inks,

I found a great app to organize my food recipes this weekend.  It is called Copy Me That.  I am always searching for low cal, Weight Watcher friendly dishes to make.  Before I discovered Copy Me That, I would print out the recipes leading to a bunch of paper I would have to sort through to find what I wanted.  Or if I got the recipe via my e-mail, I would move them over to a Recipe File that I had created and usually forget about them and not use them!  With Copy Me That, you add the button to your browser and when you find a recipe you want to save, you click to copy it.  You can then add a tag to it (chicken, beef, instant pot, Thanksgiving recipes, etc) and edit any part of the recipe.  I edit my recipes to show how many Weight Watcher points it is.   The app copies only the recipe, removing all the extra webpage stuff and you can link back to the original website if you want.  One thing I really like is that the app prevents your device from going to sleep.  No more having to touch your phone with greasy hands to "wake it up" and see what's next. The app is free and will sync across all your devices.  I have it installed on my laptop, mobile phone and my desktop computer.  There is also a section on the app for Meal Planning and Grocery List although I haven't used those functions yet.  You just create your meal plan for the week with recipes from your recipe box and then quickly create your shopping list right from your meal plan!  Give it a try and simplify your life!

No comments: