Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Easter 2019 cards

Last week was a busy one for me.  I played bridge one day, went out for lunch, played Hand and Food, and had Stamp Club.  I'll be sharing the club cards later this week.

It's time to be thinking about your Easter cards.  Easter is April 21st this year.  If you are like me and like to wait until the last minute to make your cards and they end up going in the mail late, you might want to get a start on them now!  I hope to send my cards out early this year!!  I don't have many Easter stamps but I thought this lily would fit the bill.  What do you think?



I used the Gingham Gala designer paper (6"x6") for the background.  I stamped the lilies with Balmy Blue ink and the leaves with Granny Apple Green.  The ribbon was on back order but Stampin' Up got it back in stock a couple of weeks ago.  It is a Sale-a-Bration item.  I punched 2 holes on either side of the lily stems and threaded my ribbon through them and made a bow.  After stamping the image, I die cut it out using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits.  The sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up set and I fussy cut it.


Here is another Lasting Lily card.  This time I stamped the flowers in Grapefruit Grove and Crushed Curry.  I used a sponge dauber to ink a little bit of the Grapefruit Grove onto the Crushed Curry flower and vice versa before stamping them.  This time I fussy cut each flower out and arranged them on the Whisper White card (with a 1 1/2" strip of Gingham Gala DSP on the side.)  The bow is from Wishing You Well stamp set.  

No comments: