Thursday, October 12, 2017

Swirly Snowflakes

I've been working on Christmas cards.  I am trying to come up with designs for my Christmas Card class.  It's a little hard thinking about Christmas though when it's 90 degrees outside!  It is hard to believe that it is 2 weeks into October and we are still in shorts!!  This is the kind of weather I left behind in Texas .... I thought!!

The cards I am sharing today use the thinlit die, Swirly Snowflakes.  I did not purchase the matching stamp set because I knew I had several sets with snowflakes.  BUT .... I love the die!!


For this card, I did a little watercoloring on Shimmery White card stock with Pool Party and Lemon Lime Twist.  I stamped the snowflakes (from Tin of Tags) with Versamark and embossed them with white powder.  I layered two Pool Party snowflakes on top of each other and adhered them with glue dots.  The copper swirls  and the punched out dots at the top are from the Swirly Snowflakes thinlits also.

This card didn't photograph well.  I used Be Merry DSP and stamped the sentiment from Christmas Quilt directly on the DSP in black ink.  I stamped a snowflake on each section of the die cut and adhered a rhinestone in the center.  Very easy card!

The snowflake cut out doesn't have to be just for Christmas.  Here I've used the Daisy DSP with the die cut and layered two more pieces behind it - white and Calypso Coral and I have a card that can be used for any occasion.  Don't you love that ribbon???  It's the Crinkled Seam Binding and makes bows wonderfully.

For this Christmas card, I used the Winter Wonder embossing folder (pg 37 Holiday Catalog).  I die cut three snowflakes with glitter paper (this color is retired.)  The sentiment is punched out with the Pretty Label punch.  I made this card using Mint Macaron - one of my favorite colors that is unfortunately retired.  I stocked up on it before it was all gone!

Sorry again about the photography!  Gonna have to fire the photographer!  This is a beautiful card up close - believe me.  I used the Winter Wonder embossing folder to emboss half of the snowflake at the top and half at the bottom of the Powder Pink card stock.  I used the Swirly Snowflake thinlit and cut out two triple snowflakes from Vellum paper.  I punched out the white snowflakes and adhered each one to the vellum.  Next I stamped the sentiment (retired) on Shimmery White card stock with Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I watercolored with Powder Pink ink on the Shimmery White paper and over the sentiment making it "pop."
I hope you have enjoyed these cards.  If you want to purchase any of the supplies, please contact me.  My contact info is at the top and you can shop in my store.  If you do, please use my October Workshop Code ZFFJKXYC.

No comments: