Sunday, August 27, 2017

NC Demos Blog Hop for August

It's the end of the month and time for another NC Demos Blog Hop!  Since the end of August is all about going back to school, we thought that would be a good theme for the month.

Since I don't have a small one going back to school, I decided to go "old school" and revisit an old technique that was popular when I started out with Stampin' Up way back in 2005.  Garden Collage was one of the first stamps that I bought and I still have it.  I don't know that I will ever get rid of it - I think it is rather timeless.  Here is the card I made back in 2005 using Garden Collage and the Crayon Resist technique.


I decided to use this retired stamp again and create a newer version of the card but still using the Crayon Resist technique.


Next I did the Crayon Resist technique on a current stamp in the catalog - Oh So Eclectic.  This highlights the technique better.


Have you tried the Crayon Resist technique lately?  If you've forgotten how (like I had!) here is a quick tutorial for you.

*  Stamp the image (flowers from Oh So Eclectic) randomly on Whisper White cardstock and use a marker to color them.  I just colored the centers leaving the edges white.
*  Use a white crayon to color any areas you want to remain white (the edges of the flowers).
*  Also use the crayon to color over the parts you colored with the markers to keep the ink off.
*  Next sponge all over your image with ink (Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo).
*  Take a paper towel and buff the image, removing the crayon marks.
*  Finish your card - I used the Cable Knit embossing folder for the Melon Mambo strip across the card.



Now follow along to Frances Wagner's blog and see what she has done this month.  I am sure it will be special!!  Here are members participating in the blog hop this month:

Tamra Davis
Jo Anne Hewins
Tracie Evans Langley
Sharon Maranich - you are here!
Frances Wagner
Christina Walker

6 comments:

Unknown said...


Sharon, thanks for revisiting crayon resist. I miss Garden Collage, such a pretty stamp set.

WAGSTAMPS said...

Sharon I love your cards. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

What a fun card and fun technique. Will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Tracie Evans Langley said...

Love your card, Sharon! I am SOOO glad to have Glossy Cardstock back to do some of these fabulous "old school" techniques!

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Thanks for sharing this technique. It's a new one for me and I'll have to try it. Pretty projects, too!

WAGSTAMPS said...

Sharon I love that you brought crayon resist back. I love some of our older techniques and need to try them again too. Great cards.