Monday, July 31, 2017

Positively Picturesque

I spent today playing with the latest Paper Pumpkin kit - Positively Picturesque.  It is a really cute one.  I just love getting my surprise box of fun each month.  It is so easy to travel with, easy to share and just plain fun!  Where else can you get a kit to make several cards, an ink spot or two and a stamp st for $19.95 delivered to your door??

I made a few alternative cards with the pieces.  I made at least one card (of each design) using the Paper Pumpkin directions and switched things around with the rest of the cards.  I ended up making 13 cards total and I still have a few things left so I can probably make 2-3 more.


The card on the right is the Paper Pumpkin direction one.  I just moved the washi tape up and stamped Happy Birthday on the other one.  (2 rolls of washi tape were included in the kit!)

For this card I used the Daisy Punch for the flower and Embossing Paste for the center.  The leaves are die cut from Flourishing Phrases.


I stamped the Pool Party piece with Tranquil Tide ink using the Hardwood background stamp.  Next I ran it through the Bricks embossing folder and rubbed White Craft Ink over the whole thing to soften the color.  The edges of the card are covered with strips of washi tape.


The flowers on this card are little wooden flowers that came in the kit.  I used a dauber to ink them with Berry Burst ink.


The Lemon Lime wash in the background is made with Work of Art.


This is one of the Paper Pumpkin instruction cards.  The circle is covered with washi tape.


This is another of the cards just following the directions.


I love how this one turned out.  I randomly put strips of washi tape in the background.  The wooden "love" is inked (with dauber) using Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo and Berry Burst.


I used the Pretty Label Punch and cut the pink label in half.  

This is the card just following the directions in the kit.  The card below is just a tad different.



How do like the plaid background?  I used the Brushstrokes Background stamp and stamped it vertical and horizontal to create the plaid.  

I hope these cards give you some inspiration to make your own Paper Pumpkin cards!

No comments: