Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Inkie Fingers meets Oh So Eclectic

I had lots of fun yesterday playing with one of the new stamp sets.  I got Oh So Eclectic when I went to Virginia Beach for SU's On Stage.  I wasn't too thrilled about it at first.  But, oh how I have changed my mind!  This stamp set creates a wonderful soft watercolor look with no effort on your part.  It is a two-step stamp so you can use the images by themselves or layer them to get a different look.  And the added bonus is the framelits that you can get if you purchase this set as a bundle.  There are 13 dies in the set.  These dies have a unique feature - the flower pieces nestle together to create the two layered look.  So you can use just one flower image or use the two together!  

Here's one of the cards I made yesterday using a technique that I will tell you about.


So what do you think?  Love it like I do???  The background paper uses SU's new glossy paper.  It's been so long since I played with glossy paper, I had to think back to some old techniques.  Here's what I did.  (note:  you might want to wear gloves - see my fingers below!)  Cut a piece of glossy paper in half (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")  Spray one of the pieces of glossy paper with a spritzer filled with alcohol - get it pretty wet.  Next pick two reinkers - I used Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay and drop several drops onto the glossy paper.  Next I picked up the paper and let the ink run all over the paper.  Then take the second piece of glossy paper and put it on top.  You can give it a twist or just pull it straight up.  Now you should have two background pieces of paper to use!  2 for 1 - I like that! Let it dry and then use it to make a beautiful card!


See my inkie fingers -


I also did a piece using Melon Mambo and Dapper Denim (I picked up the wrong ink refill -  thought I was using Flirty Flamingo ink instead of Denim.)  So I'm not so crazy about it.  But wanted to show you this cool imprint on the paper.  When I realized what I had done, I grabbed a paper towel and lay-ed it over the paper to blot up some of the ink - see the impression of the paper towel - it's texturized! The colors get muted as it dries.


The Berry Burst flower on the card was stamped with VersaMark  on watercolor paper and embossed with gold embossing powder.  Then I "smooshed" some ink in the lid of the Berry Burst and painted the flower with my Aqua Pen letting the color run out to the edges.

Eclectic, what does that mean? According to the dictionary…
ec·lec·ticəˈklektikadjectivederiving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
synonyms: wide-ranging, broad-based, extensive, comprehensive, encyclopedic


Stampin’ Up! loves the idea of broad and diverse range of sources that they used the ‘Oh So Eclectic’ stamp set on the cover of the new annual catalog. I love the bright colors, water coloring possibilities and so much more!
Stampin’ Up! trainer, Shannon West, demonstrates many of the eclectic ways that the Oh So Eclectic Bundle can be used to create fun and interesting projects!



Here are pictures of other items included in the Oh So Eclectic Product Suite - ribbon, DSP, thinlits, card stock pack and overlays!  I'm loving the DSP although I haven't ordered it yet.  Stay tuned - I made a card using the DSP as inspiration!   

No comments: